Teleclass & Teleseminar Basics
What is a Teleclass?
A teleclass is a conference call; similar to a chat line. You and a number of other participants call a regular phone number (typically a long distance call). The call-in phone number is normally provided after you’ve registered on my website for that teleclass. At the designated start time for the teleclass, you’ll simply call that phone number, enter your private code (which I’ll provide to you in an email) and, upon connecting to the teleclass, the recording will prompt you to introduce yourself. You’ll then be on the line with the class. Either my assistant or I will welcome you to the call. My teleclass training always begins promptly at two (2) minutes after the listed start time. In most cases, I will lock out additional callers after we reach the five (5) minute mark in the teleclass.
What is a Teleseminar?
A teleseminar is very similar to a teleclass, but it may also include a web presentation (slides, etc.). At the designated time for the class/event, you’ll call in to a regular phone number (typically a long distance call) and go to the teleseminar website on your computer or mobile device. (I’ll provide the website address and the call-in phone number in an email once you’ve registered for that teleseminar. Upon connecting to the teleseminar, either my assistant or I will welcome you to the call. My teleseminars always begin promptly at the listed start time. It’s highly recommended that you connect at least five (5) minutes ahead of time to ensure your computer can connect to the teleseminar website.
How do Teleclasses and Teleseminars work?
Teleclasses and teleseminars are similar to grad school discussions — some lecture, some questions, some discussion. And, of course, with my classes we’ll be actively creating your healing opportunities by including The EGO Tamer® Tapping (TETT) techniques.
If this is your first time participating, you may wonder if and how it works. It’s very effective. You’re more relaxed in your own space. You don’t have to expend energy or money traveling to my location. You can even show up in your PJ’s and no one will know. My classes are highly interactive and the “flow” works well. You can listen and absorb and you can also engage in the discussion if you desire.
You’ll be invited to participate and ask questions at regular intervals throughout the class/event. It’s my intention to hear every student’s voice at least one time per class. Please note that on larger classes and events this may not always be possible. I may also ask, in some cases, that you hold your questions until the designated Q&A session at the end of the call.
How long do Teleclasses and Teleseminars last?
My teleclasses and teleseminars normally last an hour. Occasionally, they may be longer (especially for my all-day events). Some are held as a one-time only events while others may be a series that meets weekly for several weeks or months.
Do I need a computer to participate?
You do not need a computer in order to participate in a teleclass. You will, however, need a computer for my teleseminars.
Whether it’s a teleclass or a teleseminar, you’ll need a computer or mobile device in order to register for the class and receive the pre-class and post-class notes and audio links. These are normally provided to you via e-mail using the e-mail address you provided to us at the time your registered.
I strongly recommend that you purchase a headset so that your hands are free to do the tapping portions of the teleclass. The headsets are normally very inexpensive and most electronics and office supply stores carry them.
How much will it cost?
Depending on the nature of the teleclass, the registration fees range from Free to $350.00 plus. Pricing will always be posted on the registration page so that you know the price before you register. We don’t like surprising people. 🙂 (Considering a personal session with me ranges from $300.00 – $450.00 per hour, there are incredible benefits and cost-savings by participating in my teleclasses and teleseminars; not to mention the gas and travel savings I already mentioned!). Please note that, in addition to the registration fee, you may incur long distance charges depending on your current long distance plan with your telecommunication provider.
How do I enroll in a class?
Registration normally opens via my web site within 30-90 days of the class/event. Because I limit the size of my classes and events, they generally fill up in a matter of hours following the opening of registration. Unless the class/event you’re registering for is free, you’ll be asked to pay for it at the time of registration using our PayPal processing system.
Prior to participating in my teleclasses and teleseminars, I ask that you review the protocols outlined below. Thanks!
Jan’s Seven Simple Protocols
for Teleclass & Teleseminar Participants
- Use a regular land line rather than calling from a cell or mobile phone. Remember that we are on a sensitive phone bridge that will amplify any noise from your surroundings and if you lose your cell signal, it can get frustrating trying to dial back in to the teleclass. For teleseminars, please do not use your computer’s speakers. Due to varying speeds of internet connections, the delay (when compared to the phone line) has proven to be very disruptive and aggravating for the other participants.
- Disable your call waiting feature BEFORE you call in. Please refer to your phone service instructions for the correct procedure.
- You have the ability to “raise your hand” using 5* at any time during our call and I will see it on the conference call control panel and respond as soon as possible.
- Turn ringers off on other phones/fax machines that are in your office.
- Please remember to state your name when you speak so that we know who is talking.
- Participate in the way that best suits you. Most of my classes/events are purposefully small enough to hear from every student and you’ll be invited to share your thoughts, feelings and ideas at least one time during our class. (Note: As I mentioned above, some of my classes/events are large and are for informational purposes. During these large classes/events, I may ask that you wait to participate until the Q&A session at the end.)
- I love questions on topic. My classes/events are designed to be highly participatory (except as noted above regarding large informational teleclasses). Also, keep in mind that there will be a period at the end of the call that is specifically devoted to questions, answers and announcements.
Phone Codes and Commands for Teleclasses
You can use touch-tone commands (using the keypad on your phone) to perform different functions during the teleclass. While you’re on the phone, just press number, then the STAR (*) key on your phone’s keypad.
5* – Raises your “hand” (so that I can see if you have a question or comment)
Note: On teleclasses, the majority of controls for phones are on my end. Your phone may have it’s own special features that allow you to mute and unmute it.
Phone Codes and Commands for Teleseminars
You can use touch-tone commands (using the keypad on your phone) to perform different functions during the teleseminar. I’ve provided the most common commands below. While you’re on the phone, just press the STAR (*) key on your phone’s keypad, then the number.
*2 – Raises or lowers your “hand” (so that I can see if you have a question or comment)
*6 – Mutes your phone
*7 – Unmutes your phone